Wednesday, October 10, 2012

virgin and the theif

7am Sunday morning laying down on a bench seat at a train station waiting for the next train.  Train's not due until 9am so I'm trying to doze off because I'm bored.  A shadow falls across me and I hear someone approach.  Looking up I'm surprised to see my cousin standing in front of me.  He is as surprised to see me and asks me when the next train is.  When I tell him it's hours away my cousin confesses the police are on his tail.  He stole a bike and they want to question him about the theft.  Don't tell them you saw me, he asks of me, then he nicks off.  Laying back down on the bench it's not long before the police arrive asking me if I've seen a boy passing by.  I point off in the opposite direction telling them he ran off that way.  They thank me and go on their way.  When I lay back down I think what are the odds that the perp would bump into someone he knows, who seems like a random stranger to the police, at a random train station, who sends them on a bum steer.  They'll catch up to my cousin one day.  I was also thinking about the odds of bumping into my cousin, whom I hadn't seen in years, the morning after I'd lost my virginity.  I'd bumped into his older brother the night before.  I'd met up with my boyfriend and his mates at the train station.  The first time I'd been to that train station and didn't know where I was going.  We all went back to his mates place and later up the street so the boys could get something to eat.  There was my older cousin out the front of the shop excited to see me, and me him.  Hadn't seen each other is years.  He was still as handsome as ever.  He asked me what I was doing there, who I was with, was he treating me good, let him know if ever I needed him to have a word in my boyfriend's ear.  Be good to my cuz or else.  I told my cousin, nah he's good, treating me well.  The mate of my boyfriend had to sneak me in to his house after his mum went out for the night.  I had to go to bed before the mum got home.  I didn't think of it at the time and when my boyfriend woke me up really early, telling me I had to sneak out before the mum woke and got up, I wasn't pleased.  Hate waking early.  And there I was at the train station waiting for the next train to take me home.
eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment