Tuesday, October 9, 2012

celibacy

Celibacy.  People argue should we be celibate?  Is it normal or going against our biological nature?  I'm in two minds.  It's not normal.  People need sex.  Not all people, some don't, most do.  Depriving people of sex or putting them in jobs where they're not allowed to have sex for the rest of their life isn't right.  Isn't good.  On the flip side I like the idea of being able to control my baser needs.  Like the idea of challenging ourselves this way.  Do we rule our baser needs or do they rule us?  I was celibate for a while just to prove to myself I could do it.  It was good and bad.  My levels of concentration were really good.  No man distractions.  The job got done.  On the flip side my level of erotic dreams went up - they always do when I haven't had some in a while.  Like it was my bodies way of saying 'you need this'.  I could manage going without and was coping just fine.  The erotic dreams came in batches.  I'd have days of dreaming in a row then nothing for a while.  Even felt like I was climaxing in my dreams and in real life as I woke which is a nice satisfactory feeling.  Still, think it's our minds way of saying something is missing.  Biologically you're meant to have this and you're missing out, your body needs  this.

No comments:

Post a Comment