Thursday, October 11, 2012

growing up without a mum

Growing up without a mum I didn't know all those girly things about makeup and tampons.
Didn't know how to cook or boil an egg.
Was never especially affectionate or caring like other girls.
Lived with my dad and was raised having in-depth philosophical discussions and being trained how to defend myself.
Never knew how to bake a cake.
Did know the main pressure points on the human body, where and how to hit a man that could kill or mame him, how to turn every thing and anything into a weapon, basics of ninjutsu and boxing, how to shoot, how to hunt and skin animals, to always be aware of my surroundings.
My dad taught me how to survive an attack.
Never was attacked thankfully, yet it's good stuff to be taught and I've never forgotten.
I know I'm not like other girls.
I've talked to them about the things I know and they look at me funny.
Maybe, hopefully, I'll never need this stuff.  Helps me feel safer though and I like how dad was looking out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment