Saturday, January 12, 2013

train story .. Rapunzel and the knights in shinng armor

Time: around 6:30pm.  Dark outside.  I was 18 or 19 and had long hair down to the base of my back.  Long black hair, shining, healthy, well looked after.  I'm standing by the doorway looking out the window at the people on the train, reflected in the window.  This old codger around 50 or 60 with long grey hair, skinny, wearing black, makes a comment on how lovely my hair is.  That's nice I tell him, thanks.  He asks do you mind if I touch it.  I'm wary yet say yes thinking what's the harm.  He touches my hair lightly, comments, not letting go, and touching it some more.  I thank him again then go to remove my hair from his hands.  He grabs my hair and holds on tight still talking about how lovely it is.  Now I'm pissed off.  I hate people grabbing or pulling my hair.  I tell him to let go of my hair.  He pretends he doesn't hear me.  I say something again, grab my hair and try to pull it away from him.  Preparing to go hammer and tong on the guy if he doesn't let go.  Next thing I know these two handsome teens come up to me and say, "Oh it IS you, how you been?"  I  get their plan and join in, saying Hi great to see you guys.  The old man lets go of my hair and the teen boys move me away from him.  They tell me they could see I was in trouble and the old man wasn't going to let go of my hair without a fight, so they rescued me.  Who says there's no such thing as knights in shinning armor.

1 comment: