Wednesday, July 25, 2012

date night

Speak to any relationship counselor and they'll suggest a date night for stagnant relationships were the couples have been together for a while and take each other for granted.  They got comfortable and are content to sit around ignoring each other.

He went to a counselor and got told he should have date nights with me.  Wish I'd have been there because I'd have laughed at the counselor and said what the hell point would that be?

When I go on a date with him I get one of of two things. 1. Ocotoman. 2. Distance.

Last night's date he was cold.  Walking towards him all dressed up he says nothing.  No telling me I look nice.  Nothing.  The most I get is your bum feels good in that skirt.  It's better than nothing though I want more.  We drive to the movies and he's saying and doing nothing date-ish.  May as well be going shopping for all he's giving.  No holding my hand, stealing looks at me, telling me I look nice.  We get our pop corn and go into the theater and he's sitting next to me like a statue, back straight, facing front, hands to himself.  No holding my hand, leaning towards me, putting an arm around me.  Nothing.  The most I get is him leaning over to tell me that actor is such n such from that other movie or show.  I eventually lean over to him and hold onto his arm, or put my hand on his thigh.  After some time he returns the gesture and only keeps his hand there for a little while.  It's back to playing statues.  I'm looking over at him every now and then thinking how good looking he is, wishing he'd do the same.  The movie is over and we leave talking about how good the movie was.  The Dark Knight Rises.  Wicked movie.  Loved it.  So bloody cool with a great ending and stacks of cameo appearances.  Can't wait for the next one.  In the car he's still saying and doing nothing date-ish though he does hold my hand.  By now my hand is limp.  I've lost interest.  I'm feeling depressed.  I'm feeling unattractive.  I'm feeling uninteresting.  It's all about expectations.  His expectation is date night is about going out together and doing something enjoyable.  My idea of date night is we flirt and chat and he builds me up and makes me feel 6 feet tall.  My idea is we do some extra stuff we don't normally do that removes the taking for granted comfortable content BORING stagnant feeling.  We could have sat on the sofa at home and had the same kind of dumb pathetic ignore me all night type of night.  Which is what we have all the time anyway.

The next day he's pissed off with me for confessing my feelings about the date and lack of flirting which came about because he paid me a compliment when I was half undressed saying I look good.  I replied "Oh now you compliment me."  Must have been wearing too much at the movies since the only time I'm complimentable is when I'm half naked.

And that's our date night.  Oh goodie..... can't wait until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment