Tuesday, October 18, 2011

more popular than you think

when i was in school i had no idea anyone fancied me.  i was so involved with my friends and my interests i didn't pay attention to anyone who might have liked me.  at the same time i assumed no boy at my school like me enough to want to be my boyfriend or ask me out.  this was ok.  i liked boys, plenty of them, yet not enough to want to go out with them.  i went on dates here and there and had lots of passing crushes, had male friends and flirted with boys i liked. i was in the arty crowd.  i sang and danced and painted murals on the school walls.

after i left school is when i found out i had admirers.  people started to tell me things i hadn't realised.  this boy or that boy had a crush on me back then.  one time i was on a train years after i'd left school and this boy comes up to me saying my name asking me if went to such n such school.  yes.  he tells me he was in such n such class.  do i remember him?  turns out he knew me from grade primary school!  he remembered me all those years later.  i did remember him.  i had liked him back then.  turns out he had liked me too.  we phoned each other a couple of times after that and met up once.  nothing came of it.

you're probably going through school thinking no-one likes you or gives a shit.  chances are some one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment